Sunday 28 August 2011

Hari Raya Eve.. and I'm at work

It's hari raya eve, and i'm at work. I'm saving up my annual leaves for the upcoming vacation holiday in november. Of course, I am not in the mood to work, but, well, gotta do what I am paid to do.. Atleast 30% completion of work for today. Am going off early to do some preparation for Eid mubarak tomorrow. I'm thrilled but at the same time dont really feel up to it as my husband will be working from day one to the 5th day of eid mubarak. Its not the same celebrating this festive season without having your husband around, no doubt I have my beloved family by my side, but with my husband around, it'll be perfect for a family gathering. Anyway, i'm gonna make the best of it.
Today is the last day of Ramadhan. Yesterday, I cooked for break fast. Nasi dagang and gulai ikan. Well, together with my mom and siblings.It tasted okay, only a little sour for the gulai ikan. Too bad i forgot to snap pictures of my little "experiment", but will do next time.
Meals will be prepared for the Eid mubarak celebration. Its a tradition for our family to have rendang, nasi himpit, kuah kacang (peanut sauce), pulut and laksa, besides cookies and some munchies which we usually bought each year. We used to bake cookies for Hari Raya, but perhaps this year around, we'll skip that since we have enough cookies in stock now. Each one of us bought atleast two types of cookies. Its gonna be a very busy day at home today, so, I'm definitely going off early, as the big boss would (usually) let us clock out by noon everytime Hari Raya eve. Yeah, very considerate of him. Anyway....
So, with this, I would like to take this oppurtunity to wish all the Muslims around the world Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Maaf Zahir Batin. Drive safe for those heading back to hometown. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment