Saturday 20 August 2011

Durian, oh dear!

Konbawa... My second entry for today. The topic is durian. Yeah, its the king of fruits. Widely known for its stench smell, but it definitely tastes good, sweet and milky. It is the favourite of most Malaysians (some cant even stand the smell), when you burp, the whole room will smell like durian.
I am amazed of one foreigner who came to visit our lab recently. He eats durian like eating a donut. Everyday, for four days in a row, durian will be his appetizer, which is very brave of him to even eat it with that amount of durian. Subarashi! Clap! Clap! Clap!
I was in Japan about a year ago. None have i even see tropical fruits like the mangosteen, durian or even sugarcane being sold at the supermarket. One fine day, in Shinjuku, while strolling down the shopping heaven, was I surprised to see a durian sold at 5000 yen each!!! Yes. 5000yen, which is equivalent to MYR195 each!!! Here in Malaysia, would only cost around RM15/kilo. I managed to capture the price sold in Shinjuku, Tokyo.
My sensei loves durian too. But the rest of lab members back in Niigata cant accept the smell and the after taste :) I dont blame them. It takes courage to chow it down your throat.
 
My backpacking trip to Tokyo, sometime in November 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment