Friday 21 October 2011

My life as an amateur runner. I'm loving it!

Last week's Putrajaya Night Run.
I was active in sports during schooldays, but stopped sweat it all out as i entered univesity. I piled on weight, but worked out once in a while doing Paula Abdul's dance aerobic, or Kathy Smiths aero-boxing. It didnt last long though, the work out. I stopped again, but managed to maintain my weight (up and down a litte bit), but started to work out again until after i got back from Japan in January 2011. That was when i put on almost 5kg for just 3 months being in Japan! Then I got too depressed for putting on that much of weight and started to do dance aerobic again, but the extra weight just didnt go away, or maybe i ws just ignoring to noticed any difference. But then again, I still felt frustated.
It was until April, that my husband asked me to join him running at the park, I did ran but did not have enough stamina to jog. Frustrated still, but keeps on motivating myself, and luckily my husband bought me a new running shoes sometime in June, I guess.. Reebok Zig Nano. Cool shoes, give me more reason to run, simply because its a new shoes. Reebok Zig Nano, you are my 2nd best in motivating me to run besides my beloved husband.

Our Reebok Zig Nano @ Putrajaya Night Marathon 2011

My first run was the NTV7 feel good run held in July, organised by the local TV station and that moment on I just had the heart to run and run and run again. To date, I have joined 5 runs in 4 months! Isnt that an achievement?! And I guess, i have successfully shed off the unwanted fat on my cheek, waist and the whole body. Okay, not so much on the waist and tummy because i still have that flabbiness I wish i can just slash it off, scrap off the extra tires and paste the skin back to my flesh. Yeah, I sounded like a crazy psycho-maniac, but seriously, I do think of that, if that's even possible! (note: please dont send me to a psycho-therapist, its just a metaphore!).

My first recorded timing was during Siemens run back in September, but I did not managed to run with my own timing as my husband had  knee injury. So i waited for him, and we ran together. My timing was 1:42:

Second recorded timing was last week, during Putrajaya Night Run and i actually left my husband behind, since he said h was doing okay... I kinda want to see how fast I can run to complete the 10KM run. So, my timing wasnt that good.. 1:26:22 I guess.. cant remember. well, after my 8th kilometer that i regretted for not signing up for 5KM run! but I completed the run anayway, and its an achievement! Reebok Zig Nano. I love you too!!!! Nike Plus, i love you too!!!!!

My next run will be in December, Malakoff Run. Signed up for 12KM. not sure where i can get all the stamina. haha.. we'll see.. But Reebok Zig Nano, you truly have made a turn around in my life. I become more active, and healthy.. Thank you to Mr. Husband for encouraging me :) And many thx to Nike Plus. Haha.. here are some pictures for you to see.. Its fun.. you should try joining runs!


me & my husband :) <3

Husband being "poyo"

with my younger sister :)

Setting the nike plus programme on my Iphone4

Reebok Zig Nano

With the celebrity, Vanidah Imran at the Kepong Charity Run

Men's Health Run. My husband and Rashid Miau Miau

Me.. interframed.. hahaha..

Kliuc unity run. TQ reebok zig nano!

Me!! Ranked #39!!! Reebok Zig Nano again.. hahaha


Before running. I was excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment